Communication & Culture
The Internet—as well as the laptops and mobile phones we carry everywhere we go—have fundamentally changed the way we share ideas and absorb information. Through the communication and culture cognate, you’ll explore the impact of technology on film and television, journalism, and design.
This cognate prepares you for a variety of new media careers that could potentially involve everything from Web development and design to social media to film editing, technical writing, and content development. Students interested in graduate school should consider further studies in human-computer interaction design or social informatics.
This cognate fulfills the Communication and Culture minor.
- CMCL-C 190 Introduction to Media OR CMCL-C 205 Introduction to Communication and Culture
- CMCL-C 337 New Media
- CMCL-C 410 Media Theory
- CMCL-C 202 Media in the Global Context
- CMCL-C 306 Writing Media Criticism
- CMCL-C 315 Advertising and Consumer Culture
- CMCL-C 391 Media Audiences
- CMCL-C 392 Media Genres
- CMCL-C 411 Media Industries and Cultural Production
- CMCL-C 445 Media, Culture and Politics