Computer Science M.S. Requirements
The Master of Science in Computer Science program requires a 3.0 GPA for graduation and includes a total of 30 credits in the following categories:
1. Foundations (3 cr.)
Choose exactly one of:
- CSCI B503: Algorithm Design and Analysis, or
- CSCI B501: Theory of Computing
- CSCI B505: Applied Algorithms
2. Systems (3 cr.)
3. Computer Science Courses (15 cr.)
- Any CSCI 500+ level courses (No INFO, ILS, ENGR, etc. courses)
- This may include a maximum of 3 credits of independent study (Y790, Y791, Y792, Y793).
- This may not include Y798 Professional Practicum/Internship.
4. Creativity Requirement (9 cr.)
- Any SoIC or STATS 500+ level courses (Includes CSCI, INFO, ILS, ENGR)
- This may include a maximum of 3 credits of Y798 Professional Practicum/Internship.
- One credit is awarded for each approved internship (internship minimum is 160 hours of work). The internship must be academically related to the program of study. Internships in the Fall, Spring, and final term are limited to remote offers or local offers only.
- This may include a maximum of 6 credits of independent study (Y790, Y791, Y792, Y793).
- Students who wish to complete a Master's Thesis must take 6 credits of Y792 and complete the formal Master's Thesis as directed by the Computer Science Graduate Studies Office.