The intersection of science and technology is where major 21st century problems—from global warming to global disease—will be solved. Here, we’re accelerating scientific discovery in pharmaceuticals, environmental science, and healthcare through integrated data management, improved processing power, and new tools that help scientists make giant leaps forward in experimentation, testing, and production.
New medications to treat everything from heart disease to mental illness are coming to market every week. The introduction of technology into the drug discovery process has changed the way that researchers identify, test, and improve pharmaceuticals. If you’re interested in clinical research, healthcare, or pharmaceuticals, technology will be an integral part of the way you work.
This cognate introduces you to the fundamentals of chemistry. Learn about the composition, properties, and activity of organic and inorganic substances and various elementary forms of matter. Understand chemical properties, reactions and other concepts, and explore different types of chemistry.
This path prepares you for careers and advanced education, depending upon your career goals and pusuits.
This cognate fulfills the Chemistry minor.
- CHEM-C 117 Principles of Chemistry and Biochemistry I
- CHEM-C 341 Organic Chemistry I Lectures
- CHEM-C 342 Organic Chemistry II Lectures
Select 6 credits from the following:
- CHEM-A 314 Biological and Environmental Chemical Analysis
- CHEM-C 317 Equilibria and Electrochemistry
- CHEM-C 318 Spectrochemistry and Separation
- CHEM-N 330 Intermediate Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM-C 360 Introductory Physical Chemistry
- CHEM-C 361 Physical Chemistry of Bulk Matter
- CHEM-C 362 Physical Chemistry of Molecules
- CHEM-C 430 Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM-C 443 Organic Spectroscopy
- CHEM-C 460 Nuclear Chemistry
- CHEM-C 481 Physical Biochemistry
- CHEM-C 483 Biological Chemistry
- CHEM-C 484 Biomolecules and Catabolism
- CHEM-C 485 Biosynthesis and Physiology