Current School of Informatics and Computing Students and Prospective IU Students
Our academic advisors can assist you with a variety of things, from understanding your degree requirements, helping you explore student organizations and other leadership opportunities to creating your personal development plan. Anytime you need assistance, you can make an advising appointment online or give us a call.
Make an Appointment
When you schedule your advising appointment, you’ll need to choose the appropriate advisor.
- If your last name begins with A-G, your advisor is Shaina L. Smith in Informatics East, Room 101.
- If your last name begins with H-N, your advisor is Melody Lynch-Kimery in Informatics East, Room 146.
- If your last name begins with O-Z, your advisor is Shamim R. Ali in Informatics East, Room 144.
Students pursuing the B.A. in Computer Science should schedule their advising by contacting Izabela Kenney at imziolko [at] indiana [dot] edu or (812) 856-0052.
- Visit the Student Center in OneStart to view your academic advisement report and see how you’re progressing on your degree requirements. Learn how to read this report.
- Check out the School of Informatics and Computing Undergraduate Academic Bulletins.
- Look up academic dates and deadlines—such as when registration begins and drop/add ends—through the Office of the Registrar.
- B.S. in Computer Science students can use this planning worksheet (PDF) to chart which courses they will take, semester by semester.
- Have a question? Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
The Student Services Office maintains a list of tutors for all of the core Computer Science and Informatics courses. The tutors listed here have had success in these courses and have agreed to be available to be contacted by students for private tutoring sessions. All of the fees and meeting times are arranged between the tutor and the student being tutored. The department does not have any role in arranging or coordinating tutoring sessions and cannot guarantee the effectiveness of any tutor listed. If you need help in your Computer Science or Informatics courses, please feel free to contact any of the tutors listed for that particular course.