There is nothing more valuable than experience, and the summer camps at the School of Informatics and Computing provide you with opportunities to explore your passion. You can learn about the latest technology, discover how to apply ground-breaking innovations to multiple fields, and do it all while experiencing the feel of college life.
Check out our summer camp options below to take the first steps on a potential path to the future.
SoIC Summer Camp 2017
This year’s camp is June 18-22, 2017, on the beautiful Indiana University Bloomington campus. The cost of the camp is $425, which includes accommodations in a residence hall, meals, technology sessions, extracurricular activities, an official camp T-shirt, and other goodies.
The week-long residential experience is for high school students who will be entering grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 in the summer of 2017.
Please contact Lauren Headley at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
At Our Camp You Can:
- Learn about the latest trends in information technology, the Internet, Web design, networking, new media, database, gaming, and more from our expert faculty and students.
- Get lots of hands-on experience with technology, including creating your own tech-related project.
- Explore a potential career path.
- See how information technology is used in science, art, business, and other fields.
- Strengthen your problem-solving and communication skills.
- Hang out with other campers, watch movies, swim, bowl, and game.
- Get a taste of what college is like.
Learn more about our exciting activities.
Contact Lauren Headley at email@example.com or (812) 855-6159.
Endless Opportunities with E-Textiles Summer Camp
Girl Scouts of Central Indiana is teaming up with Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing to offer an opportunity for you to jump into the exciting world of E-Textiles. You will create an electronic textile of your choosing that will take an input (e.g., temperature) and produce an output ) e.g. LEDs lighting up). The camp will culminate in a fashion show where you will get the chance to show off your new creations to your families and friends. Campers will stay on the beautiful Indiana University Campus in one of the dorms and experience what it is like to be a college student. This camp is open to all girls in grades 6-8. You are not required to be a member of the Girl Scouts to attend this camp.
Who: Girls in grades 6-8
When: July 9-13
Where: Indiana University, Bloomington Campus
Cost: $350/per girl (Additional $30/non-Girl Scout campers)
To register, visit Girl Scouts of Central Indiana.
For more information, please contact:
Jaime Hubbard with Girl Scouts at (317) 924-6859 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauren Headley with the School of Informatics and Computing at email@example.com.
Intelligent Systems Engineering Summer Camps 2017
The Intelligent Systems Engineering (ISE) Department at the School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University Bloomington, is proud to offer an exciting series of camps during summer 2017. High school or homeschooled students aged 15-18 are encouraged to apply. Please contact us for alternative age arrangements.
ISE is a brand-new program with degrees designed for what engineering is and will be, rather than what it was. Modern information technology approaches—such as intelligent systems, big data, and user interface design—are part of our DNA. ISE research focuses on small-scale and mobile technologies—from designing tiny devices that monitor health to realizing the promise of a hyper-networked Internet of Things.
Join us at the beautiful Bloomington campus to make and shape the future. Cost is $375 per camp week. Camps meet 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. daily.
- Sentient Architecture — Sculptures that Listen and Talk JUNE 12 - 16
- Drawing Machine — Fabricating a Fabrication Machine JUNE 12 - 16
- Augmenting Reality — Design ‘Pokémon Go’-Like Data Visualizations JUNE 19 - 23
- Wearables — Innovative Materials | Inventive Solutions JULY 10 - 14
- Thinking Robotics — Don’t Think Inside the Box — Make the Robot Think JULY 10 - 14, JULY 17 - 21, JULY 24 - 28 (apply for one or more weeks)
- Digital Fabrication — Create | Save | Print | Assemble JULY 17 - 21
- Virtual Reality — Hands on with Google Cardboard and the Vive JULY 24 - 28
For more details and to apply please visit camps.engineering.indiana.edu