Computer Science M.S. Requirements
The Master of Science in Computer Science program requires a 3.0 GPA for graduation and includes a total of 30 credits in the following categories:
1. Foundations (3 cr.)
Choose exactly one of:
- CSCI B503: Algorithm Design and Analysis, or
- CSCI B501: Theory of Computing
- CSCI B505: Applied Algorithms
2. Systems (3 cr.)
3. Computer Science Courses (15 cr.)
- Any CSCI 500+ level courses (No INFO, ILS, ENGR, etc. courses)
- This may include a maximum of 3 credits of independent study (Y790, Y791, Y792, Y793).
- This may not include Y798 Professional Practicum/Internship.
4. Creativity Requirement (9 cr.)
- Any SoIC or STATS 500+ level courses (Includes CSCI, INFO, ILS, ENGR)
- This may include a maximum of 6 credits of Y798 Professional Practicum/Internship.
- One credit is awarded for each 160 hours of work is given. (For example, someone working 10 hours per week for a 16-week semester would receive 1 credit.) The credits are rounded down to the nearest whole number if the number of hours does not divide evenly by 160.
- This may include a maximum of 6 credits of independent study (Y790, Y791, Y792, Y793).
- Students who wish to complete a Master's Thesis must take 6 credits of Y792 and complete the formal Master's Thesis as directed by the Computer Science Graduate Studies Office.