We have a rich community of people who work together in a variety of organizations and outreach activities.
We take pride in being fun and friendly. After all, your experience here will go way beyond classes. You’ll make friends that you’ll know your whole life (you may even go into business with them). You’ll learn how to be a leader—and a team member—through our student groups (which will help when you’re looking for a job). And you’ll get that warm, fuzzy feeling when you take part in community service (it really is a great feeling).
You can also:
- Eat free pizza, enjoy gaming, football, and more during our weekend Game Days.
- Be in the school’s Homecoming float.
- Take the stage for our student talent show.
- Hear about the latest tech news and research at events with industry speakers and professors.
- Network with potential employers at Career Services events.
- Relax and refresh mind and body at our lunchtime yoga series.
- Join the school’s team in Bloomington run/walks.
- Chill in the Informatics Café.
- Celebrate the holidays at a pitch-in lunch.
- Enter a team in the table tennis championships and other tournaments.
An Exemplar for Diversity
Creating a diverse, supportive community and expanding participation in information technology (IT) by women and minorities are top priorities at the School of Informatics and Computing. Learn how we encourage and celebrate diversity.
Attention, high schoolers! At our Informatics and Computing Summer Camp, you’ll learn about the latest trends in information technology, the Internet, Web design, networking, new media, database, gaming, and more. You’ll also have time to bowl, watch movies, swim, and play games. It’s the coolest summer camp ever.