500 Tech Avenue Bloomington, IN 47408
firstname.lastname@example.org | (555) 555-5555
Seeking a full-time position in the field of information technology, utilizing my business and technical knowledge along with my leadership, communication, and team collaboration skills.
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
Bachelor of Science in Informatics May 2010
Minor: Business, Cumulative GPA: 3.45/4
Senior Capstone Project: Implementing RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology into the Indiana University Little 500 for race data analysis.
John Deere, Moline IL Summer 2009
Systems Analyst Intern
• Acquired navigational and functional overview of SAP and its capabilities.
• Developed SAP solution from conceptualization to full production utilizing ABAP programming.
• Increased awareness of Access and Visual Basic through the analysis and development of a user friendly tool aiding in the data migration process from legacy system to SAP.
• Gained insight into roles of a business and technical analyst through hands on experience.
• Enhanced time management skills by both creating and adhering to timeline for project completion.
University Information Technology Services, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN Summer 2008
• Acquired communication skills by helping over 1900 students, faculty, and staff both on the phone and in person.
• Tracked university network problems and solved a wide range of computer-based problems.
• Utilized team collaboration skills by pooling together knowledge from a team of consultants to answer the more difficult questions.
• Built technical knowledge by troubleshooting problems spanning across different operating systems, various types of software, and miscellaneous hardware issues.
Languages: Java, Visual Basic, Scheme, C/C++
Platforms: UNIX, Microsoft Windows, Mac‐OS, and DOS
Databases: Structured Query Language, MS Access, FoxPro, Oracle
Web development: Front page, Java Script, Cold Fusion, HTML, XML
Miscellaneous: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Page Maker, QuarkXPress
Access/Excel Peer Tutor Program, Bloomington, IN Summer 2008‐Present
• Increase problem solving abilities by developing examples and answering questions that re‐enforce teaching of MS Access and Excel.
• Strengthen knowledge of MS Access and Excel.
Informatics Student Association, Bloomington, IN Fall 2008‐Presen
Director of Career Development
• Enhance leadership skills by attending weekly team building exercises.
• Chosen to attend summer field training session to develop leadership and team building skills.
Until May 2009
1457 Hoosier Lane
Bloomington, IN 47405
1687 N. Leafy Lane
Lexington, KY 78544
Motivated, enthusiastic individual seeking a software development position requiring strong Java programming and database skills.
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Minor in Mathematics May 2010
Cumulative GPA: 3.1/4.0
Cerner Kansas City, MO
Software Engineering Intern Summer 2009
• Gained knowledge of user requirements associated with software systems.
• Provided input to functional design, developed applications, tested systems, and performed troubleshooting across Cerner’s entire family of solutions.
• Used a variety of languages, including Visual Basic, Java, C and C++, Visual C++, and SQL, using Oracle or Access databases.
University Information Technology Services Bloomington, IN
Residential Computing Consultant August 2008‐Present
• Provide technical service to on‐campus residents in residential computer labs and residence halls with connections to the Indiana University network.
• Consult about 20 general computing inquiries daily.
• Handled problems dealing with hardware, software, and websites.
Family Student Council Bloomington, IN
Webmaster August 2007-June 2007
• Updated weekly and monthly newsletters and added to Web.
• Maintained Web site on a weekly basis.
Yesarang Area Youth Services Bloomington, IN
Webmaster February 2005‐June 2006
• Created Web site using HTML, PHP, Java Script, and SQL skills.
• Maintained the Web site (backed up databases) every week.
• Knowledge of C, Java, SQL, Scheme, HTML, PHP, Java Script
• Windows (9x, 2000, XP), Linux
• Microsoft Applications including Office
• Computer networking including Local Area Networking and Wide Area Networking
• Hardware installation, maintenance, and analysis
• Language Fluency: Korean‐Native, English‐Fluent
RELEVANT COURSE WORK
• Computer Networking
• Database Concepts